Follow Us!

Find out what we are doing in class on social media! Simply find your favorite media outlet in the upper right corner and click! It's that easy!

Share this Blog!

Share your favorite blog post on social media by selecting your favorite site to the left!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Anne Frank Pre- Reading

Good morning, 

     As most of you already know we are beginning our second unit which covers The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. I am extremely excited about this next unit as it is something I have become very passionate about over the years. I took my first trip to the National Holocaust museum at age 7 and have been hooked ever sense. I have been back three other times and have actually traveled to Munich, Germany and walked in the first running concentration camp, Dachau. I am beyond excited to share my studies with the students! 

     As a Pre-Reading strategy to set up the importance of this book, the eighth graders have been constructing a scaled model of a house that includes a secret annex or hiding space. They have not read one single word of Anne Frank as of yet and the products were incredible! I have attached a few of the pictures from this week in class. Please join us the week of October 26th for parent teacher conferences so you can see the fully finished products!

 Objective/ Task

 Beginning Scaled Blueprint
 Initial Construction stages
Finished scaled blueprint

No comments:

Post a Comment